Friday, May 16, 2014

Sweetwater Seas First Fashion Show!

Wow! Just wow.

I haven't posted in two months, that's a really long time.  

I'll fill you in on what I have been working on...

A Modest Fashion Show!

When I met with my business consultant, she advised me to build a good repitquar to show future investors. Hosting fashion shows are great double dippers because they also advertise your business.

So, I set out on this quest...

First, I had to find models.  After inquiries, time and prayer, God sent me: Amber, Grace, Niabh, Lydia, and Sophia.  These young woman are so much fun to be around!  I could have not asked for better people to work with on my first show!
I met with each girl and helped them find their body and color type.  I wanted their outfit to be designed for them, not just a random selection of clothing.

From left to right: Grace, Amber, Sophia, Lydia, and Niabh.

Second, I needed to design!  I decided that my collection was going to be named Summer Freedom. I also decided that each girl's outfit would represent an aspect of that theme.  Then I made an inspration board for each outfit; this helped me so much during my designing process.`

Third, I sewed, sewed, and sewed!  This took me forever!  Well not really, only a few weeks.  I also scheduled a few fittings with each of the girls to make sure their garments fit and flattered them.

Finally, it was time for the show!  The first one was this evening, and the second is tomorrow at 12:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment