Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Can Shoes Be Immodest? ~ A Discussion


I have been wondering over the past years if shoes can be a stumbling block.

Hahaha, pun intended!


Anyway, what I am asking is: 
  • Can shoes cause men to have inappropriate thoughts? 
  • Or is it just certain shoes in certain situations; paired with certain outfits? 
  • At what point does a high heel become immodestly high? 
  • And are laces which go up the leg appropriate? 


So please, give your opinion, or your Dad's or Mom's opinion, or your friend's or sibling's opinion.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts...

I have labeled the photos below with numbers; please reference these when you want to discuss a particular shoe! 
Also please remember to keep your comments loving!  I have seen other websites where they had to band modesty discussions because they got so heated; I really don't want to do this!






Note: compare no.4 with no.1.
Note: compare no.5 color with no.2; does the color make a difference?

                  Note: the height of the cut out leather (no.6) v.s. no.3; does this make it more
immodest?

Note: Does the height of the laces in no.7 make these shoes immodest?




3 comments:

  1. Wow some great questions and thoughts on my modesty lapbook I talked a bit on the shoe subject. My first thought to almost all of these is so cute and fun! But with the high laced ones girls might be tempted to ware shorter outfits to draw attion to there legs. And for guys this might be a stumbling block. And a big question is what do my shoe say about me? what message is it to the other people around me ? My suggestions is maybe ask your brother or your dad and see what he says.;o) Love your input Anna!
    - Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia!
    Thanks for commenting your thoughts, I love hearing from you!
    I do agree that the high lace shoes could tempt a girl to wear shorter skirts. I know that certain shoes in our culture send bad messages, so I really think it depends on the situation.
    I also agree that, if you are not sure what message they send, to ask a trusted man in your life his opinion.
    Another factor is HOW you wear it...
    For example, two people could wear the same outfit but have totally different attitudes one making it immodest and the other making it modest.
    It really depends on where a persons heart is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Love your thoughts
    -sophia!

    ReplyDelete