Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Accessories, Accessories, Accessories...

I don't know about you but when someone has taken the time to add accessories to their outfit, I totally fall in love with it.

It seams in our busy lives we tend to forget, or say we are "too busy", or "not experienced enough" to add embellishments to our clothing.

I can totally understand all three of those points, however I think it is important to add minor details to our outfits to make them more personalized.

When I add accessories to an outfit, it helps me to think of a theme.  For example, if I was going to the premiere of The Hobbit at my local movie theater, I might try to do a modern interpretation of an elf.  In this case I might wear some earthy jewelry with a leafy metal headband.

If you are afraid of adding too many accessories, just add the basics (earrings and a necklace) and then add one more item (such as a broach or a bracelet).
Over time when you feel more comfortable with that quantity you might want to add more accessories to you everyday list.  Trial and error comes with finding your own style, but don't be discouraged, overtime you with get to know what you are comfortable with and are not.

Here are some of my favorite accessories.

Have a great day!
~ Anna 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes! I swear by beanies and infinity scarves<3 love, love, love to accessorize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, gotta have those too! I love beanies! :D

      Delete
  2. I love this, especially the headbands, they're gorgeous!

    http://eliseroseblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete