Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fall Fashion 2015

Fall fashion is my favorite season. I love the layers, fabrics and the excitement of up-coming holidays. I have been looking a little bit into fall fashion and while I cannot cover the entire season, I thought I'd highlight some of the styles that stood out to me.

As usual, please keep in mind that these are fun trends to try, but your heart is what makes you stunning. Also, you don't have to follow fashion trends to dress attractively or tastefully.

The boho look is still going, but this fall add layers, such as ponchos, thin scarves and turtle necks. To sum up this style, just think of the 1970s. The hair, the love of leather and the overall natural look are all included in this trend.

The easy way to wear this trend: Pair a wool poncho with a pair of bell bottoms and carry a leather fringe purse. Oh, and I'm totally putting a panama hat on my wish list!










Victorian is another trend that is popular this season. A staple of this look is the turtleneck or any high neckline; these are often paired with a ribbon. The Victorian trend also encourages excess floral jewelry (including broaches), ruffles, beading, lace, gloves and big floral patterns (like brocade).





The easy way to wear this trend: Wear a high collared shirt with a ribbon tied around it; you could also add steam punk boots to cement the look.










This next trend, which InStyle has dubbed Lady Danger, reminds me of Divergent or Hunger Games. Leathers, large gold buttons, grommets, and futuristic patterns all contribute to this style.

The easy way to wear this: A leather jacket paired with combat boots.  The sweater to the left would be a comfortable way to wear this trend; hoodies are the bomb!










Overall these styles overlap in many different ways, which for the budget conscious person (myself) is really great!


If you want a simple "What should I add to my wardrobe this season" suggestion, look below:

Basic items to wear this season:
 1.) Turtle necks
 2.) An A-line wrap skirt
 3.) Wide legged, high waist pants


Fun styling options to try:
 1.) Excessive accessories
 2.) Knotted belts
 3.) Leather jewelry


 Lastly, I dub Car Wash Pleats the craziest trend of the season!



Have a happy week!
(Oh and I have figured out my business model, so I hope to open shop in January 2016! I'll tell you more later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment